1. Don’t hit the outdoors without applying sunscreen first. SPF will shield your skin from the sun’s harmful rays and help prevent the formation of brown spots, blotchy skin and premature ageing.
2. You may not know it, but your lips are one of the most common places to get sunburnt. Soften, smooth and protect from damage with a lip balm that’s high in SPF.
3. Storing a face mist or toner in the fridge is the perfect way to refresh skin and cool-off on warm days. Our Ecobeauty toner has the added benefit of being enriched with organic Rosewater and Chamomile water, and jam-packed with antioxidants too!
4. Don’t forget about your scalp! A sunburnt head is not only painful, it can also result in flaky, blistered skin. Run sunscreen down your parting or where a hat on sunny days.
5. Exfoliation is an essential step in your skin care arsenal – it whips away dead skin cells and speeds up the skin renewal process for a smooth, wrinkle-free complexion. Use your cleansing device, acids or scrubs in the evening to avoid sun-sensitivity during the day.
6. Eating a rainbow of colourful fruits and vegetables is a great step towards healthy-looking skin. Take advantage of the season and fill-up on blueberries, kiwi, oranges, papaya and strawberries that are packed with Vitamin C, or snack or Vitamin E found in avocados.
7. There’s lots of techniques for removing unwanted hair on your legs: you can use a shave gel and razor, a hair removal cream or wax strips – for this, we recommend Silk Beauty. Daily exfoliation and hydrating with a fast-absorbing oil or moisturiser will keep legs looking their best.
8. Hot and humid weather can lead to unwanted breakouts on your face, back, chest and shoulders. A through cleansing routine both morning and night that includes a cleanser and toner to remove dirt, oil and makeup will help keep skin clear. Wash spot-prone areas of your body with a mitt or sponge and exfoliate twice a week to encourage cell-turnover, and trade in manmade fibres for cotton and linen.
9. The skin around your eyes is naturally delicate and prone to fine lines, but squinting in the sun and UV rays only speeds-up this ageing process. Covering-up with a hat or a pair of sunglasses will protect, while an eye cream will hydrate and plump wrinkles for youthful-looking eyes.
10. We tend to neglect our hands, but they’re just as prone to wrinkles and hyperpigmentation as our faces are; look for a hand cream that contains SPF to shield and nourish at the same time.
11. The skin on your décolletage or chest area is thinner and dryer than the skin on your face, which means it’s more vulnerable to sun damage. Avoid sun spots, sagging and wrinkles with daily use of sunscreen.
12. Post-sun treatment will replenish moisture and limit the damaging effects of a day spent in the sun. We love Sun Zone products that contain aloe vera to cool any redness, relieve peeling and hydrate dry skin.
13. Instead of spending hours in the sun, apply a self-tan (like this one by Sun Zone) for a guilt-free glow.
14. The chlorine in swimming pools can strip away the surface layer of oil that locks moisture into your skin. After the pool take a shower straight away to avoid dry and damaged skin.
15. If you suffer from flushed, blotchy skin in hot temperatures, try washing your face in cold water to constrict capillaries and reduce redness.